Thursday, November 29, 2012

Get To Know: Andrew, EHS Executive Director


Get to know Andrew Leavitt, , Founder and Executive Director of Ellen’s Heart and Soul, and Leavitt and Avery Consulting LLC. , through this exclusive CBD Blog Q&A. We covered all the basics from favorite hobbies, to personal role model, to "what the heck do you do for CBD?". Read our special below...

When you're not wearing a CBD, what are your favorite brands?
I am all about comfort, I truly believe you should “Feel Good About What You Wear.” When I'm not sporting a CBD I am wearing anything that feels good! I’m a big fan of Perlis, Vineyard Vines, Southern Marsh and Ball & Buck. Though I can't afford any of it on my non-profit salary. 

What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about business; although Ellen’s Heart and Soul is a non-profit, we are still a business and the best part is we are always changing and always finding new ways to express ourselves and help those around us. 

The best way to describe my true passion for business would be to reflect on this quote from Richard Branson..."There is no point in going into a business unless you can make a radical difference in other people's lives. To me, it's like painting a picture: you have to get all the little nuances right to create the perfect picture, or the perfect company."
Read more here:


I am in business to make a difference and the journey to do so it the most exciting part. 

What are your hobbies?
Anything that requires you to be outside! Golfing, Skiing, Mountain Biking and Boating. If I can do one of those things a week I am happy.

What's your second favorite place after Concord?
That is a tricky question. I would have to say New Orleans, there is something about being able to go to a great show every night of the week and hear the blues. 

Has starting a business always been a desire of yours?
Yes! To be honest if I could have dropped out of high school to start my first business I would have. The only catch would have been my father--he would have disowned me! My goal in life is to start and create as many business as possible and work to become a successful serial entrepreneur. Currently, I am the excusive director of  Ellen’s Heart and Soul and a founding partner of Leavitt and Avery Consulting, LLC  and I am disappointed that I only have two things on my plate at 23!

What's your affiliation with CBD?

I personally am nothing more then a supportive friend. I was the idiot that told Dan to quit his job to start CBD and I will continue to offer my support to my best friend for many years to come.

Ellen’s Heart and Soul on the other hand is an official non-profit partner of CBD with a portion of each shirt helping to fund out Meals For the Heart and Soul program.   


Who's your hero?
I would have to say my mother. She was a fighter and taught me the most important lesson of my life in the short time we had together. She taught me at an early age to advocate for myself and set goals. Helping me overcome my dyslexia and graduate both high school and college when others said I wouldn't and even couldn’t and how to appreciate the  benefits of  my dyslexia and how my mind works. 


What's a typical Sunday afternoon for you?

Sitting in a coffee shop preparing for the week ahead and then making dinner.  I don't use Sundays the way I should! 




No comments:

Post a Comment