Monday, November 5, 2012

Get To Know: Dan, CBD Founder

Get to know Dan, Founder of Concord Button Downs, through this exclusive CBD Blog Q&A. We covered all the basics from favorite hobbies, to personal role model, to "what the heck do you do for CBD?". Read our special below...

When you're not wearing a CBD, what are your favorite brands?
Anything that embodies a traditional or classic style. My interest in boutique clothiers started when I discovered, Southern Marsh, a company based down south. Since then I've come across a few other great brands such as Jack Donnelly Khakis, Collard Greens, Knot Clothing & Belt Co., etc. etc. There recently has been a large emersion of small/local clothing lines, all which I am a big fan of!

What are you passionate about?
What am I passionate about?...good question! I guess from a CBD standpoint, I'm passionate about 1) traditional/classic style, 2) high quality goods, and 3) American made products. These are the three key ingredients to all CBD products. Outside of CBD, I'm passionate about spending time with my family and friends.

What are your hobbies?
Aside from designing shirts my favorite hobbies consist of playing golf, fly-fishing, watching college football (Go Gators!), and reading educational fiction. Atop my recommendation list: The Servant by James Hunter.

What's your second favorite place after Concord?
Hmmm, tough question. There's probably a toss up for second place between the North Shore of MA (Massachusetts' hidden gem), or the Basin Harbor Club in Vergennes, VT (our family's favorite vacation spot). To be completely honest though I'm a big homebody, so the gap between first and second place is quite substantial.

Has starting a business always been a desire of yours?
No, not at all. If you had told me sixteen months ago that I'd be running my own men's clothing line, I would have laughed at you. This is something that is all very new to me, and something I did not plan on or account for. It's been a wonderful experience though, and something I feel very blessed to do.

What's your affiliation with CBD?
I typically joke with people who ask this question by telling them that I'm the CEO... as well as the janitor...and everything in-between. While I do handle most of CBD's operations, the support I've received from friends and family has been incredible! Whether it be taking photographs, modeling the shirts, helping with PR, or even running our blog, those who have lent a hand have done an amazing job!

Who's your hero?
My dad. Those who know me well know how close we are, and how much I think of him. He's my go-to for just about everything: advice, encouragement, support, etc. etc. Fashion isn't something he's into though, so it's been fun teaching him about the industry; it's probably the only thing that I know more than he does.

What's a typical Sunday afternoon for you?
Relaxing. I'm pretty old school so most Sunday's consist of church, a big afternoon lunch, and then football with friends. Although if it's nice out, you may just find me on the links. 


No comments:

Post a Comment